Support / Visitor Services
WELLINGTON RSA SUPPORT ADVISOR & VISITOR SERVICE
Who we are:
- Wellington RSA is an autonomous entity under the umbrella of RNZRSA
- Paid Support Advisor and Visitor service at Wellington RSA rather than volunteer Support Advisors and visitors at many other RSAs
Who we see:
- Veterans, and current and ex-Service people (also ex-Police and Merchant Navy) and spouses, widows and widowers, and dependent families.
- You don’t need to be RSA members, and the service is free.
- Wellington RSA encompasses Wellington City to the airport in the south, Makara in the west, and Ngaio Gorge in the North. However, we can also see people on the outskirts of this area if we have the capacity to do so.
What we do:
- Provide information about services and entitlements available and assistance to obtain appropriate help (Support Advisor)
- Regular visits and support (Visitor)
Assistance could involve:
- A home visit to determine the type of assistance required
- Assistance to apply for home help, or help with personal cares such as showering and shopping.
- Referring you to appropriate services for assistance with hearing problems or hearing aids
- Informing you about how to apply for the Total Mobility Scheme for half-price taxi fares and mobility parking permits.
- Linking you into other services as required, especially Veterans Affairs.
- Providing assistance to apply for RSA or other funding
- Limited transport for essential appointments (Wellington area only)
- Assistance to apply for rates rebates
- Assistance to apply for Disablement (formerly War Disablement) or Surviving Spouse Pensions.
- Informing you about Work and Income (WINZ) entitlements and assistance with applications.
This could include Disability Allowance applications. (You might be eligible to apply for reimbursement of items and services such as GP fees, prescriptions, podiatry, medical alarms, or lawn mowing). This is income tested.
- Providing an RSA visitor to call on you at regular intervals if required. (Wellington area)
The assistance that the Support Advisor and Visitor Service provide is confidential.
If you know of any qualifying people requiring assistance (see “who we see” above) you might like to inform them about our service.
You can leave a message for me to contact you at the Wellington RSA office Monday to Thursday via Zenetta, the Office Administrator, or on our 24-hour answer-phone. Alternatively, email me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org